Jobs & Careers
Jobs & Careers
We are a group of dedicated people with meaningful working lives in an environment that supports personal development and dedication, both as a group and as individuals.
Employees are one of Flomatics’ most important resources. Therefore, employee and management development is central in the Group’s efforts to ensure its continued existence. Developing necessary competencies and focusing on the working environment leads to satisfied employees and the development of the company.
Position: CAD Technician
Flomatic® Corporation, Inc. (www.flomatic.com) a manufacturer of municipal water valves is looking to add a Cad Technician to perform valve product design, documentation and testing in support of its expanding water valve lines.
The CAD Technician position is a support position within the R&D Engineering Department. Under limited supervision, this person completes various engineering projects related to research & development, production, and sales. The individual is primarily responsible for the less technical aspects of these projects, but the responsibilities will increase with experience and knowledge of the products. The CAD Technician reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
Location: Glens Falls, NY
- High School Diploma
- Solidworks Essentials training or equivalent experience
- AutoCad experience
- Knowledge of drafting standards and techniques
- Ability to interpret complex prints, models, and assemblies
- Good writing and communication skills
- Must have the ability to learn various duties of the position
- Candidate should be self motivated, a self starter, and goal oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Associates Degree in engineering
- Two years minimum experience with Solidworks
- Two years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years of experience designing and modeling castings, machined parts, and assemblies for pumps, valves, or similar products
- Hands on experience with testing and inspection processes of designed parts and assemblies.
- Experience with writing shop instructions and test procedures
Hourly: Depending on qualifications and job experience
- 401K program
- SMART Goal incentive program
- Health benefits and Insurance program
- Educational support opportunities
How to Apply:
HR Department: Tammy Deyette (518) 761-9797 Ext 237 or Deyette@Flomatic.com