At Flomatic Valves, we are a group of dedicated people with meaningful working lives in an environment that supports personal development and dedication, both as a group and as individuals. One of the most important resources at Flomatic is our employees. Therefore, employee and management development is central in the our efforts to ensure its continued existence. Developing necessary competencies and focusing on the working environment leads to satisfied employees and the development of the company.
WHAT WE OFFER: After the 90-day introductory period, Flomatic offers a variety of fantastic employee opportunities and competitive benefits. Our benefits package includes medical, vision, dental, life insurance, and supplemental coverage such as short and long-term disability, and Aflac. Included in our employment benefits package is a 401K plan with a company match, company bonuses, generous PTO (paid time off) policies, and 12 paid Holidays per year. Flomatic prides itself in funding an HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) program, assisting employees with funds to aid in the cost of the high deductible plans offered.
We started manufacturing high-quality valves nearly 90 years ago and we haven’t stopped since.
Together, we are a value-driven, customer-centric, environmentally conscious team. Our continued success in the water and wastewater industries, reflects the shared knowledge, integrity, and operational excellence of our dedicated employees. High-quality valves are made from high-quality people and the most significant investment we make is in our employees.
We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant with outstanding critical thinking skills to maintain inventory level support and manage exceptional internal and external relationships with vendors. The Purchasing Assistant will work closely with our Purchasing Manager to provide internal customer service, departmental support, report preparation, track supplier performance, maintain work orders, and manage vendor relationships ethically and professionally.
This is an exciting opportunity for a business minded candidate looking to learn and grow within our organization while enhancing their cross-organizational analytical skillset in a professional setting.
- Providing material and inventory planning support while maintaining our MRP and MPS systems.
- Establishing strong vendor relationships internally and externally.
- Preparing and maintaining purchase orders, quotes, and vendor records.
- Reviewing pricing availability from vendors and logging purchase order acknowledgments.
- Preparing requests for Engineering Change Notices (ECN) and drawing changes to vendors.
- Maintaining and filing purchase orders, acknowledgements, and order receipts.
- Working closely with our Purchasing Manager to plan inventory within our MRP system.
- Creating and maintaining purchase orders and outside processing orders as needed.
- Tracking incoming shipments with brokers regarding imported goods.
- Verifying the status of shipment dates with vendor.
- Verifying order acknowledgements and updating orders as needed.
- Working closely with our Production Department to plan material requirements.
- Working closely with our Engineering Department to obtain quotes while forwarding ECNs and drawing changes to vendors.
- Receiving tooling purchase orders for our Accounting Department to voucher.
- Researching any discrepancies between our Accounting Department invoices and our purchase orders received.
- Sending annual reviews to vendors
Maintaining: Vendor Relationships
- Maintaining a current list of approved suppliers and prices including at least (2) two suppliers for top 20 by volume of purchased parts or 4-6 safety stock supply.
- Working closely alongside our Purchasing Manager to track supplier performance and send suppliers annual reports.
- Working closely with our Engineering Department to explore new suppliers (for new product) while ensuring we are up-to-date with specifications of all current suppliers.
Negotiating: Price, Availability, Quality and Discounts from Vendors
- Performing necessary negotiations to ensure we purchase product at a competitive market price value and terms.
- Requesting quotes from new vendors while checking current vendor pricing. As deemed necessary based on periodical changing market conditions.
- Taking advantage of blanket purchases with multiple releases.
- Informing the Purchasing Manager of cost increases prior to acceptance.
Preparing & Maintaining: Purchase Orders
- Preparing and entering all available reports, production requisitions, and purchase orders into our report system software to track the status of each purchase order marked open (making changes as necessary).
ISO 9001/14001 Certification
- Maintaining and supporting our requirements as an ISO9001 and ISO14001 compliant organization.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience using Microsoft software. Including but not limited to: Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.
- Satisfaction working with numbers and the ability to think analytically.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment or equivalent desired.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401K plan, company bonus, PTO time and 12 paid holidays after a 90 day review period. Please submit resume and compensation requirements with your application.
We have a history of brilliant success and a bright future and we are now looking for someone who can help us build on our foundation and enhance our customer-centric practices and philosophies as our new Customer Service Representative.
Flomatic Corporation’s story began in Hoosick, New York, in 1933 designing and manufacturing valves. Now nearly 90-years later, we are currently located in Glen Falls, New York, with an expanded state-of-the-art plant operation and product offering of high-quality valves built to last for the water and wastewater market.
Our success is guided and driven by our employees and sales representatives’ consistent and dedicated team efforts. We listen exceptionally well to our customers’ needs. This relentless customer-centric drive has led to us developing some of the best-performing valve products with the highest quality standards in the industry. Innovation combined with the best competitive advantage we have, our employees, have resulted in our well-recognized industry leadership.
We are seeking a motivated, well-organized, and goal-oriented individual with excellent verbal/written communication skills. Needs to initiate and stimulate cooperation within a team, and maintain excellent organization, coordination, and time management skills. Must have the ability to problem-solve, work with others to reach a resolution, anticipate, and react effectively to customer challenges.
Your responsibilities will include customer maintenance by both phone and email; order processing, order acknowledgements, process credits/returns, and customer quoting. Closely collaborate with the sales, engineering, purchasing, and production departments for timely customer deliveries and satisfaction.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent with at least 2+ years of customer service experience.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Products and Familiarity with ERP systems (Workwise Preferred).
- Data entry experience
- International exporting experience is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer competitive salaries and a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K plan, company bonus, PTO time, and 12 paid holidays after a 90-day review period. Please submit resume, cover letter explaining why you feel you could be our next Customer Service Representative Superstar, and compensation requirements with your application.