At Flomatic Valves, we are a group of dedicated people with meaningful working lives in an environment that supports personal development and dedication, both as a group and as individuals. One of the most important resources at Flomatic is our employees. Therefore, employee and management development is central in the our efforts to ensure its continued existence. Developing necessary competencies and focusing on the working environment leads to satisfied employees and the development of the company.
WHAT WE OFFER: After the 60-day introductory period, Flomatic offers a variety of fantastic employee opportunities and competitive benefits. Our benefits package includes medical, vision, dental, life insurance, and supplemental coverage such as short and long-term disability, and Aflac. Included in our employment benefits package is a 401K plan with a company match, company bonuses, generous PTO (paid time off) policies, and 12 paid Holidays per year. Flomatic prides itself in funding an HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) program, assisting employees with funds to aid in the cost of the high deductible plans offered.
Flomatic started manufacturing high-quality valves 90 years ago and we haven’t stopped since. Together, we are a value-driven, customer-centric, and environmentally conscious team. Our continued success in the water and wastewater industry reflects the shared knowledge, integrity, and operational excellence of our dedicated employees.
We are looking for a self-motivated Assistant Design Engineer with strong detail-oriented skills and SolidWorks CAD experience to join our internationally acclaimed team. The ideal candidate will work closely with our Engineering Manager in our Glens Falls office to assist in the development of product technical specifications, design implementation, and the production of our high performance valve products.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented engineering professional looking to learn and grow their cross-organizational skills within a professional setting. The Assistant Design Engineer will work closely with sales, manufacturing, and our marketing team to help design and deliver high-quality valves built to last…
- Create concept designs, assemblies, layouts, and drawings of various products.
- Perform form, fit and function studies to ensure designs meet all established requirements.
- Support drawing and part release processes.
- Establish and follow technical project plans.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Prepare technical reports, production engineering documentation, and test data (as required).
- Manage and maintain version control over technical design documents & replicate design changes in technical publications.
- Conduct verification and validation testing of various products (as required).
- Develop reports on a monthly basis for the Engineering Manager.
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience with SolidWorks (creating design concepts, assemblies, and layouts).
- Familiarity with mechanical engineering fundamentals and machining processes (in a metals manufacturing environment)
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- 1 to 4 years of experience with valve products and related design requirements preferred
- SolidWorks Flow Simulation, Simulation, Visualize, or Composer experience a plus
- 3D Animation experience a plus
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 preferred.
- Possesses strong communication skills and a strong work ethic (including accountability, integrity, enthusiasm, and motivation).
Why Join Our Flomatic family?
High quality valves are made from high quality people and the most significant investment we make is in our employees. Therefore, we offer a full benefits package after 60 day introductory period:
Generous PTO (including 12 paid holidays)
Come join our growing world class Customer Service Team
We have a history of brilliant success and a bright future and we are now looking for someone who can help us build on our foundation and enhance our customer-centric practices and philosophies as our newest Customer Service Representative.
We are seeking a motivated, well-organized, and goal-oriented individual with excellent verbal/written communication skills. Needs to initiate and stimulate cooperation within a team, and maintain excellent organization, coordination, and time management skills. Must have the ability to problem-solve, work with others to reach a resolution, anticipate, and react effectively to customer challenges.
Your responsibilities will include customer maintenance by both phone and email; order processing, order acknowledgements, process credits/returns, and customer quoting. Closely collaborate with the sales, engineering, purchasing, and production departments for timely customer deliveries and satisfaction.
Flomatic Corporation’s story began in Hoosick, New York, in 1933 designing and manufacturing valves. Now nearly 90-years later, we are currently located in Glen Falls, New York, with an expanded state-of-the-art plant operation and product offering of high-quality valves built to last for the water and wastewater market.
Our success is guided and driven by our employees and sales representatives’ consistent and dedicated team efforts. We listen exceptionally well to our customers’ needs. This relentless customer-centric drive has led to us developing some of the best-performing valve products with the highest quality standards in the industry. Innovation combined with the best competitive advantage we have, our employees, have resulted in our well-recognized industry leadership.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent with at least 2+ years of customer service experience.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Products and Familiarity with ERP systems (Workwise Preferred).
- Data entry experience
- International exporting experience is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer competitive salaries and a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K plan, company bonus, PTO time, and 12 paid holidays after a 60-day review period. Please submit resume, cover letter explaining why you feel you could be our next Customer Service Representative Superstar, and compensation requirements with your application.